CHILDREN'S YOGA WORKSHOP!
10/5 4-7pm, 10/7 12-6pm, 10/12 4-7pm
Are you interested in teaching yoga to children, but not quite ready for the specialty 95 hour certification? Or you don't have your 200 hour training? Then come to this 12 hour 'Introduction to Teaching Kids Yoga'. We will explore topics such as:
- Benefits of Kid's Yoga
- Tips for teaching kids
- Yoga games, songs, and stories
- Breath, Mindfulness, & Savasana for kids
- Teaching to different ages
- Classroom management
- Poses and cueing, specific for children
- Enjoy kids yoga classes with RCYT's
- Practice your new teaching skills with peers
We will particpate in sample kids yoga classes with Registered Children's Yoga Teachers and practice with your peers. Please note: Info on our 95 hour training is below. This workshop is a great step towards that!
CHILDREN'S YOGA SPECIALTY TRAINING
Specialize in Children's Yoga! Become a certified Children's Yoga Teacher with this in depth 95 hour training. Understand childhood developmental stages from ages 2-16. Learn how to teach asana, pranayama, meditation, and yogic philosophy to all the different age groups! Om Ananda Yoga is a Registered Children's Yoga School (RCYS) with Yoga Alliance (YA). This is a specialty designation with YA and we will be the only RCYS in Fort Collins/Greeley/Loveland areas!
Shambhava Yoga™ Teacher Training We believe that yoga teacher training should be a life-changing experience. One of the first yoga schools in America, Shambhava Yoga has always emphasized that becoming a great teacher means becoming a great student. You do not just learn how to teach yoga here, you learn how to deepen your practice and grow. Shambhava Yoga's 200-hour, 500-hour and specialty certifications are registered with the Yoga Alliance (ID# 95807).
Topics Include:(but are not limited to)
- Asana, games, stories and songs for each age group. Learn what is fun and beneficial during each stage of childhood.
- Anatomical and Physiological. Learn about changes throughout childhood and how this impacts yoga teaching and practice.
- Yogic Philosophy & Meditation. Children are uniquely open to a variety of perspectives and benefit greatly from early introduction to living peacefully, building inner strength and learning how to skillfully handle emotions.
- Pranayama. Breath plays a vital role in regulating our physiology, mental state, emotions, and the ability to be present and clear. Learn techniques to deepen your understanding of being present while teaching and how to share this with children.
- Teaching Methodology. This includes sequencing, creating classes, themes, strategies for teaching each age group.
- Overview of teaching children with special needs. Consider the best approach to meeting developmental needs.
- Design your own kids classes for each age group. Receive individualized feedback from experienced kids teachers.
- Gain teaching experience. We learn best and gain confidence by teaching. We have structured teaching exercises to assist you in practicing what you love.
- Empower children with skills for a happy and healthy life!
- Complementary use of studio for practice teaching as available
- Discount on classes
Prerequisite: 200 hour training registered with Yoga Alliance