Overview: Become a Yoga Teacher and deepen your own experience! Our talented instructors, community, and amazing course materials will support your growth during the training and beyond.
- Shambhava Yoga Shoshoni is located about 2 hours from Ft. Collins in the beautiful Indian Peak Mountains in Rollinsville, CO. A magnificent yoga retreat and ashram, we will experience the sweetness of yogic living in its finest. Tuition includes dorm accommodations for our weekend retreat!
- Shambhava Yoga Eldorado is located 1 hr 20 min from Ft. Collins in Eldorado Springs. A relatively short journey to an impressively beautiful world, we will enjoy kirtan, meditation and the time honored tradition of satsang (spiritual Q&A).
- Our Teacher Training Manual is the culmination of 30 years of trainings and hundreds of years of combined experience. It captures the heart and mind of yoga and will be a continual resource for inspiration and knowledge for years to come. The book Key Muscles of Yoga by Dr. Ray Long is recommended for the training.
- An optional cadaver lab visit! If you would like to deepen your awareness and insight into anatomy there's nothing better than seeing it first hand. We will visit a modern, state-of-the art cadaver lab. The cost of attending this 2 hour session is an additional $30.
- Discounted yoga classes during training!
Topics Include: (but are not limited to)
- Asana (yoga poses): We teach in both the Hatha and Vinyasa style. We offer you variations to create, slower or faster paced, gentle or more challenging, classes. This gives you a wonderful ability to meet your personal style, students needs, and the type of class that is available for you to teach.
- Adjustments & Modifications: You will learn many ways to assist your students personally including hands on adjustements, how to use props, resposive cueing, mirroring and more!
- Yogic Philosophy & Meditation: Shambhava Yoga has a strong meditative focus. You will learn many time tested practices to serve your growth personally and as a teacher. We discuss many philosophy topics including the yamas, niyamas, Yoga Sutras, the mind, the heart, the breath, and the interconnectedness of traditions.
- Anatomy & Physiology: We have state of the art anatomy technology to make learning anatomy more accessible. Pictures, videos and hands on demonstrations all complement the asana portion to gain deeper understanding of asana and human anatomy and physiology. You also will have the opportunity to attend a Cadaver Lab, which is an incredible and rare experience!
- Pranayama (breathing techniques): Breath plays a vital role in regulating our physiology, mental state, emotions, and the ability to be present and focused. You will learn 10 different pranaymana techniques to deepen your understanding of breath's role in yoga and wellness.
- Teaching Methodology: Learn how to cue effectively, create sequences and classes, integrate themes, incorporate neutralizing poses, strategize classes, be inclusive and welcoming, build clientele and more! We include a variety of teaching exercises to put our discussions into action and build your conifidence and ability to teach.
- Sanskrit: Learn the history of the Sanskrit language, basic pronounciation principles, pose names and the translation of common words in yoga.
- Prenatal, Kid's, Partner and Restorative Yoga: We discuss and practice each of these specialty styles of yoga. You will have a foundation to understand and meet the needs of these students. You will be able to incorporate partner and restorative yoga into your classes. You may discover a passion you can pursue more through additional training.
- How to Do What You Love: Learn ways to navigate your life's dreams. Sarada shares what she has learned over the last 15 years in yoga, business, and living the life you want. This includes ideas on where to gain employment, qualities places often look for, and presentation.
- Special Topics: We address your questions and individual needs as they arise. We continually improve our amazing program and strive to give you the best training possible!